Porma and Ferreras hydroelectric power stations (Juan Benet reservoir, León, Spain). The Juan Benet dam, named after [+]
The hydroelectric power plants developed by SENER combine its experience in industrial power generation plants with its extensive experience in constructing dams, reservoirs, and canal systems.
Its multidisciplinary team of specialists offers comprehensive management for a plant with these features, from the design to turnkey construction, start-up, and commercial operation.
SENER carries out all kinds of work related to hydroelectric power generation:
- basin feasibility studies;
- hydroelectric project feasibility studies;
- conceptual, basic, and detailed engineering;
- engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) projects and EPC management (EPCM);
- technical assistance for hardware tests;
- testing, commissioning, and start-up.
The main references of SENER in this area include the hydroelectric plants in Spain at Manzanares el Real, Porma and Ferrera, Pedrezuela and Valmayor, sites where it has executed construction projects and, in some cases, project management as well.