Parabolic trough plant Kathu, South Africa. Kathu is a 100 MWe thermosolar plant with 250 loops [+]
Parabolic trough plant Ilanga 1
- Client: KAROSHOEK SOLAR ONE Ltd
- Country: South Africa
- Contract type: EPC + 0&M (20 años)
- Start date: 2015
- Ending date: 2018
Parabolic trough plant Ilanga 1, Upington, Northern Cape, South Africa.
Ilanga 1 is a 100 MWe thermosolar plant with 266 loops using SENERtrough® parabolic troughs designed and patented by SENER and with a thermal storage capacity of 1,250 MWth, five hours, thanks to the use of a molten salt storage system. Once in operation, it will be able to supply electricity to over 86,000 homes.
SENER is taking part in the turnkey construction of the plant, carrying out the engineering work, purchase management, building and start-up, as well as forming part of the O&M consortium (Operation and Maintenance) which will operate and maintain the plant once it enters into operation.
- Project data:
- Technology: Parabolic trough collector, SENERtrough®.
- Generation capacity: 100 MWe net power.
- Nominal solar field thermal output: 463.7 MWt.
- Thermal storage capacity: 1,250 MWht.
- Thermal storage capacity (equivalent hours of turbine operation): 5 h.
- Number of SCA/loops: 1,064/266.
- Total reflective area: 869,800 m2.
- Surface area of the solar field: 335 ha.
- Heat transfer fluid: HTF.
- Contract type: EPC + O&M.
- Electricity delivery to 86,000 household.
- CO2 emission savings: 90,000 tons/year.
- Consortium: SENER, COBRA & EMVELO.
Other programsSee all
Parabolic trough plant Bokpoort, Northen Cape, South Africa. Bokpoort 50 MW project is the first Concentrating [+]