New units for fuel oil reduction, Muskiz, Biscay, Spain. New coker unit and coker storage (not in [+]
Atmospheric distillation of crude oil - P41
- Client: Repsol
- Country: Spain
- Start date: 2000
- Ending date: 2003
Repsol refinery in Puertollano, Spain.
The extension in gas oil production requiring modifications in the Crude Distillation Unit 1 (U-601), as well as in off-sites and auxiliary services necessary for the correct functioning of the Unit. SENER's work on project P-41 covers detail engineering, purchase management and direction and oversight of the remodelling work of the Repsol Petróleo Crude Oil Unit 1 in the Puertollano industrial site.
The aim of the project has been to achieve a reduction in energy consumption, and at the same time improve the performance in oil and gas, in line with the current specifications for petroleum products.
- Advantages of the remodelling of the crude distillation unit 1:
- An increase in the performance of the plant to a capacity of 350 mt/h with all types of crude oil.
- A reduction in energy consumption.
- A rise in the production of diesel at the expense of atmospheric residue.
- An increase in the production of kerosene within the possibilities of the existing equipment.
- An improvement in environmental performance: redirection of the discharge from safety valves to a closed system and a reduction in the issue of SO2.
Other programsSee all
Isomerisation unit U-618 for the Repsol refinery T-46, Tarragona, Spain. Revamping of the isopentane unit for [+]
Mild hydrocracker for the Repsol refinery, Puertollano, Ciudad Real, Spain. The new “Mild Hydrocracker” units designed [+]
Polycarbonates plant, LEXAN II, Murcia, Spain. The plant built by General Electric Plastics puts this company [+]