New units for fuel oil reduction, Muskiz, Biscay, Spain. New coker unit and coker storage (not in [+]
Bahía de Bizkaia Gas LNG regasification plant (3rd tank)
- Client: Bahía de Bizkaia Gas (BBG)
- Country: Spain
- Start date: 2011
- Ending date: 2014
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) regasification plant in Zierbena, Basque Country, Spain.
SENER has been awarded, in consortium with other companies, the EPC contract to carry out the expansion of the regasiﬁ cation terminal that Bahía Bizkaia Gas (BBG) has in Zierbena (Biscay, Spain).
It is remarkable that this has been the ﬁ rst tank developed by a Spanish consortium, he whole technology is Spanish.. This new tank It is also the first in Spain to have been built in compliance with European quality standards EN 1473 and EN 14620.
- Project information:
- Nominal capacity: 800,000 Nm3/h.
- Storage tank capacity: 150,000 m3
- Type of contract: EPC.
- Starting date: July 2011
- Operational date: November 2014.
- Scope: SENER was solely responsible for the complete design of the tank: Basic engineering was done using the high-performance program Abaqus, and detailed engineering was done using the FORAN System (CAD/CAM). SENER also participated in the procurement and construction management of the project.
SENER held the deputy leadership of the EPC project, and was the only company responsible for tank technology.
Other programsSee all
Isomerisation unit U-618 for the Repsol refinery T-46, Tarragona, Spain. Revamping of the isopentane unit for [+]
Mild hydrocracker for the Repsol refinery, Puertollano, Ciudad Real, Spain. The new “Mild Hydrocracker” units designed [+]
Polycarbonates plant, LEXAN II, Murcia, Spain. The plant built by General Electric Plastics puts this company [+]