SENER participates under a turnkey contract for a gas fired, combined heat and power plant [+]
Ethylene storage and regasification terminal for Kem One
- Client: KEM ONE / SENER - TISSOT consortium
- Country: Germany
- Start date: 2019
- Ending date: 2022
The SENER-Tissot consortium is responsible for the turnkey contract to build an ethylene storage and regasification terminal in Fos sur Mer (region of Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France) for the French chemical company Kem One.
As the leader of this consortium, SENER will be responsible for the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) for the foundations of the complex and of the piping, structural, insulation, electrical and control systems, the concrete tank to store up to 30,000 m3 of ethylene, and for the main ethylene unloading and regasification equipment. SENER will also handle the connection to the existing Kem One terminal. TISSOT, for its part, will be responsible for supplying, building and insulating the internal metal tank.
The purpose of the installation is to receive and unload ethylene from external suppliers and transported by ship, to store it in a 30,000 m3 cryogenic tank, to process the BOG and, finally, to vaporize the product for use in the client's chemical plant.
The installation features the following equipment and systems:
- Unloading arm for connecting to the liquid ethylene transport ship.
- Unloading and cold recirculation pipes to the ethylene tank.
- 30,000 m3 full containment tank for storing liquefied ethylene.
- Submerged cryogenic pumps.
- Boil-off gas compressors.
- Refrigeration systems and condensers for reliquefying BOG.
- Liquid ethylene and gas piping up to the battery limits with the plant.
- Service pipes up to the battery limits with the plant.
- Evaporator for sending ethylene into the process in gas form.
The Project is divided into four areas, with the Client and contractors having different levels of responsibility:
- Area 100: Corresponds to the area where the ethylene tank, BOG compressors, refrigeration equipment and condensers will be built. Contractors in this area will operate as EPC contractors.
- Area 200: Includes from the loading arm to the processing area. Contractors in this area will operate as EPCM contractors.
- Area 300: Corresponds to new pipes running through the existing plant to the area where the evaporator will be installed. The Client will do the complete EPC of this system.
- Area 230: Corresponds to the area where the ethylene vaporizer and its connection to the existing plant will be installed.
Other programsSee all
The purpose of the Engineering Services is the development of a feasibility study to assess [+]
SENER has carried out the preliminary tender design of the Kaskasi (Germany) Offshore Substation (OSS) [+]
New units for fuel oil reduction, Muskiz, Biscay, Spain. New coker unit and coker storage (not in [+]