Parabolic trough plant Kathu, South Africa. Kathu is a 100 MWe thermosolar plant with 250 loops [+]
Parabolic trough plant Bokpoort
- Client: Acwa Power
- Country: South Africa
- Start date: 2013
- Ending date: 2016
Parabolic trough plant Bokpoort, Northen Cape, South Africa.
Bokpoort 50 MW project is the first Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) plant in South Africa using a large capacity of storage (slightly above 9 hours), focused on 24/7 production during Spring and Summer while having the capacity of Peak production during Autumn and Winter seasons. This design results in a facility with a very high annual capacity factor, actually higher than 50%.
- Project data:
- Technology: Parabolic trough collector, SENERTrough®.
- Generation capacity: 50 MWe net power.
- Thermal storage capacity: 1,300 MWth
- Thermal storage capacity (equivalent hours of turbine operation): 9 h.
- Number of loops: 180.
- Total reflective area: 588,600 m2.
- Surface area of the solar field: 350 ha.
- Heat transfer fluid: HTF.
- Contract type. EPC.
- Electricity delivery to 54,000 household.
- CO2 emission savings: 57,000 tons/year.
- Consortium: SENER, Acciona, TSK & Crowie.
Other programsSee all
Parabolic trough plant Ilanga 1, Upington, Northern Cape, South Africa. Ilanga 1 is a 100 MWe [+]