New units for fuel oil reduction, Muskiz, Biscay, Spain. New coker unit and coker storage (not in [+]
Parabolic trough plants Extresol 1, 2 & 3
- Client: SENER - COBRA consortium
- Country: Spain
- Start date: 2007
- Ending date: 2012
Extresol 1, 2 and 3 solar power plants 50 MWe in Badajoz, Spain.
The Extresol complex is made up of three identical 50-MWe solar power plants with SENERtrough® parabolic troughs, a technology patented by SENER. The consortium formed by Cobra and SENER executed the EPC contract for the three plants, for which SENER has been responsible for all the engineering.
- Extresol 1: Since 2009
- Extresol 2: Since 2010
- Extresol 3: Since 2012
These plants are equipped with SENER’s own technology, the molten salt thermal energy storage system, as well as the field of SENERtrough® solar collectors.
- Project data:
- Technology: SENERtrough® parabolic trough collectors.
- Total mirror surface area: 3 x 510,000 m2
- Number of SCAs/loops: 3 × 624/156.
- Surface area of the solar field: 3 × 198 ha.
- Solar field nominal capacity: 3 × 262 MWt
- Thermal storage capacity: 3 × 1,010 MWht (7h)
- Turbine nominal capacity: 3 × 50 MWe
- Efficiency of the cycle: 38%
- Annual direct normal irradiance: 2,166 KWh/m2
Other programsSee all
Isomerisation unit U-618 for the Repsol refinery T-46, Tarragona, Spain. Revamping of the isopentane unit for [+]
Mild hydrocracker for the Repsol refinery, Puertollano, Ciudad Real, Spain. The new “Mild Hydrocracker” units designed [+]
Polycarbonates plant, LEXAN II, Murcia, Spain. The plant built by General Electric Plastics puts this company [+]